If you know of an event that you feel should be listed on our calendar, please send details to info@mjdispensaries.com ~Thank You

Latest Headlines and Information

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

NEWS: Ocean Beach Woman Re-United With Her Son After Going Through Government Wringer

Last year, when a fire consumed the Ocean Beach apartment building where Larissa Danielli and her son, Silas resided, another fire of injustice and persecution started up that very day.

There were terrible consequences suffered by single mom Larissa and her sweet little boy who were doubly victimized by the tragedy that ensued.

I consider myself fortunate to be a friend of brave mom Larissa and I want to make sure her story gets heard and that she also has a chance to clear her name. It was sullied by smears, insults, and bare-faced lies that seem to have surrounded her as she has battled back to reunite herself with Silas and fight the bogus charges heaped on her by CPS, the San Diego Police Dept., and to a certain extent, our local San Diego media.

Pictures of Larissa being arrested the day the fire struck her residence were splashed all over the newspapers and local TV stations. I can say with absolute certainty that Larissa is an excellent person, wonderful mom, loyal friend and a pleasure to know. She and Silas did not deserve the treatment they were accorded.

I spoke with Larissa recently and I am happy to report she is now back with Silas. But it has not been an easy path and it was strewn with landmines all the way along. This is what she told me:

I’d like to expose how the government is wasting money; how my court appointed juvenile attorney ‘volunteered’ me for rehab; 5 days/week, 3-5 hours/day. After 1 month, the rehab said they would then ‘assess’ me (no assessment given before or even a drug test). This is the standard and all paid for by the taxpayers.

For 3 months, I was only LEGALLY allowed to see my son for 3 hours per day, and that continued up until the very day I was told the case against me was being completely dismissed. My own caseworker sat there and told me she thought I was a great mother and my home was safe.

It took them 3 months to give me one drug test (even though the whole time I was telling them to drug test me) and then everything was completely thrown out because it was negative. The dismissal paper states exactly that.

I was put thru the wringer, threatened, scared, bullied and abused all for nothing. They put a restraining order on me for a whole week where I wasn’t even allowed to SPEAK to my baby. I did 5 days in jail for Felony Child Endangerment with Intent to Kill for being a legitimate, card-carrying medical marijuana patient.

As you can see, Larissa has suffered greatly and her family was shattered by the lies and the bogus claims that she was put through. The system let this lady down big time and caused undue grief and suffering that still continues to this day.

Larissa confided in me that she is still trying to recover.

“Physically, mentally, emotionally and financially,” she told me that “some days are better than others.” However the trauma and stress make her feel unsafe.

“I feel at any time, I will be attacked in my home again. My son used to have no fear and was so secure and active. Now he’s quiet and just wants to stay home. He gets very upset when I have to leave and he clings to me when he sleeps.”

Larissa is having financial issues from all the expenses she has incurred fighting to clear her name and reclaim her son.

“I was getting by and even had a couple months paid ahead on rent and on my car. Due to this incident, I’m so far behind now, I can barely make rent and my car is 2 months behind and being threatened to be repossessed.”

Larissa is a fighter and said she has “no option but to keep fighting and try to pull myself out of the hole I am in.” Let’s all say a prayer on behalf of our Ocean Beach sister and know that things are tending to looking up for Ms. Danielli and Silas. But also know that there but for the Grace of God go you. Fight the scourge of corrupt government swooping in and trying to ruin a good person for no good reason. God Bless Larissa and Silas Danielli.

Source: OB Rag