If you know of an event that you feel should be listed on our calendar, please send details to info@mjdispensaries.com ~Thank You

Latest Headlines and Information

Thursday, April 22, 2010

NEWS: Marijuana's Drug Status Should Change, Lawyers Say

Dan Pope has been using medical marijuana for six years to help control the muscle spasms and pain from muscular dystrophy.

Colorado state legislature approved a bill to legalize pot for medical purposes.

"I get very extreme hip, lower back pain and pain going to down to my leg -- it gets so bad I can't move," said Pope, 44, of Longmont, Colo. "I get very jerky -- I couldn't hold a cup of coffee, my balance and my gait becomes very much affected."

"By using medical marijuana late in the afternoon [when his symptoms hit], I can find immediate relief from my muscle spasms," said Pope, who is the volunteer patient outreach coordinator for Sensible Colorado, a non-profit focused on drug policy reform.

Read the rest of this story


TheCannabisChef.com - The Art and Science of Cooking with Cannabis (Medicinal Marijuana)